Friday, May 19, 2006

24 hours cursing

Crap, rats, damn stupid m*therf**ker, bollocks. Before you flag this post as offensive hear me out.
A month ago we booked tickets to Stuff Happens a drama about why we went to war in Iraq, and I rashly made a bet with Steve. Now, people who know me know I NEVER BET UNLESS I AM CERTAIN OF WINNING. When we booked the tickets it was mid April and four generals had come out and called for Donald Rumsfeld's resignation. And Dick Cheney's poll numbers were in the 20s. So I felt very safe making a bet that they would be out of government by the time we saw the play. If Steve lost he would have to wash all the windows in the house, and there are forty windows here so it was some hard labour. Steven then searched for a suitably arduous task for me: in the totally unlike event that I lost I would have to be nice for a week. I had to ask for some clarification because I don't know what "nice" is. He specified that I wouldn't be allowed to lose my temper or swear for an entire week.
The bet expires at 2 pm tomorrow and it looks like I will be the loser. Doubly a loser because Rumsfeld and Cheney are still in power. So I am going to get all the anger off my chest in the next 25 hours.
F**king b*st*rd bet.

No comments: